Spring time is as good of an excuse as any to show a little skin. As much as we love a décolletage-baring bandeau, strapless dresses certainly aren’t for the an average day. Luckily, there is a chic option that ensures you won’t have to deal with tricky double-sided tape (or those insane multi-strap bras).Read More
Ever wonder if there was type of pant that is flattering for pretty much every body type?? Guys, there is... and it is what I am styled in today. These figure flattering pants come in so many different shapes and sizes, so there is definitely an option out there for every woman.
Feel like sharing a sultry side to you?
Wanna show off some skin?
Goin to Coachella?
Boom. All reasons to get into off-the-shoulder shwag this Spring. Yumi Kim just nails it when it comes to resort wear. From the jubilant variety of prints to the feather soft, light-weight fabrics, her designs bring vacay-vibes-no-filter-needed feelings.🌴 With festival season right around the corner (who's going next week??), it's the perf time to shop Yumi's Mia Silk Romper. This is legit the sweetest little one piece for any shape (it actually fits so loose around the middle it's like his T you're wearing, except masked by silky florals 🙌 ) And, you're welcome..pits stay sweat free during those long days in the steamy desert hot heat. ✌
Off the shoulder pieces are just universally flattering on all body shapes because most people can't complain about their shoulders, (it's you I'm talking to.) And they are easily adaptable to extra layers when you need to wear the item from day to night. Lazy days lounging at the pool? Only if we're having drinks with the girls after :)
You can take the girl out of the festival, but you can’t take the festival out of the girl. Mmmhm you heard me. Festival season is here and I cannot get enough of styling festival wear on a daily basis. Peasant dresses are a no fuss type of item that requires little to no styling because they typically will be the statement item of the outfit.Read More
When I hear "wrap dress," the first thing that comes to mind is DVF and those slinky, boob-emphasizing print wrap dresses from the 1970s. And I have a confession to make... I am obsessed with wrap anything. Wrap dresses, wrap tops, and now wrap jumpsuits... I am one happy Jeannie right now. See #MaiTips below on how I like to style a wrap fitted jumpsuit for these warmer months.
- Pick a flattering fit for your body type. If you have a fuller bust like me a wrap jumpsuit can be super flattering and slimming but still there to give support to your ladies (if u know what I mean). Click here for another wrap jumpsuit option.
- Jumpsuits can be intimidating when it comes to length if you happen to be in the under 5'5" club (raises hand). Since my jumpsuit offers leg slits this is a great way to avoid your jumpsuit being too long! Click here to shop for a similar option.
Keeping scrolling to #ShopMaiLook ❤️
Shop Mai Look!
Trousers for work? Uhhhm... not necessarily a groundbreaking combo but sometimes this trend can get overlooked when it shouldn't be. Sure, you can just pair a basic pair of straight trousers with a simple blouse, but why be basic when you can have the opportunity to create a mad sassy outfit.Read More
I have been seeing stars lately... uh heeemm, literally. The star print pattern has been trending since what it seems like over a year, and I still cannot seem to get enough of this pattern. It brings me back to Mai childhood when Mama Mai would dress me up in some cutesy dresses and they would always have a star print splattered all over it.Read More
Have you seen those casual-cool street style stars that always provide so much dimension to their daily OOTD's? Wanna know their secret?Read More
Athletic inspired workwear is totally trending right now and I ain't mad about it one bit. Wanna know why? Because its actually comfortable AND stylish. The athletic-inspired, casual-cool outfit essential has proven to be a wardrobe staple for the warmer months.Read More
Lately I have spotted a lot of great street style looks with eye-catching royal blue pieces and can't help but be inspired to try the color. Royal blue is striking and definitely turns heads as you pass by, and this shade is perfect for the person who wants to make an impact without saying a word.Read More
Stripes look good on EVERYONE. I know that is a bold statement, but they really do! Its spring now so all I have been wanting to do is wear fun and flirty spring dresses, but since it has been a bit chilly in LA these past few days I have been in quite a pickle. So what did I do? Two words, sweater dress. Sweater dresses are the perfect outfit to wear when you feel like sporting a cute dress, but also want to keep warm. See #MaiTips below on how I like to style a sweater dress for this in between weather.
- As stated above, try a striped piece! Striped will look good on any body type and it will flatter the women's figure. I love the colors on my Free People dress because its definitely a fun take on fresh spring colors. Click here for another affordable striped sweater dress to try! There are so many different fun colored dress options so there is definitely a color scheme for everyone.
- Belt that sweater dress! Sweater dresses can sometimes be a bit bulky due to the fabric, but an easy fix to this would be to place a belt around your waist. This will pull everything in on your smallest part of your body and create that perfect hourglass shape. Click here for another belt option that I love.
Mai WHOLE look is shopable below! Let me know what you think of this look in the comments below. :)
Shop Mai Look!
Who else is totally obsessing over embroidered anything lately? Because I sure am. Adding an embroidered piece to your outfit will not only look super cool, but it will add more dimension to your whole look because the embroidered pieces will be a different texture in contrast to the rest of your look. See #MaiTips below for how I enjoy styling embroidered pieces and still keeping things classy. ;)
- An easy way to incorporate embroidered pieces into your outfits is to mis and match them into a similar theme. For example, Mai dress that I styled by Chelsea and Violet is definitely giving off military vibes, and the embroidered patches on the dress definitely give off those vibes as well. Click here for another embroidered dress option at a more affordable price point.
- When choosing patches to go on your outfit, definitely try and go with a similar color scheme, or to choose colors that compliment each other. Just like how my patches complement the earthy tones on my dress, this will help the embroidered patches to flow more easily with the garment. Click here for a another option of colors flowing easily on a dress!
This whole look is shopable below! Let me know down in the comments what you think of this look.
Shop Mai Look!
Who has tried the peplum trend? Peplum dresses are beautifully frilled and give you very classy look, and if styled correctly, they can be SO flattering for the women's body. Peplum dresses can give a women curves if she is lacking in that department, or it can eve be slimmer because it will draw the eyes to the slimmer part of the body.Read More