This past weekend I attended the NAACP awards with the rest of Mai girls from The Real because we were nominated for Best Outstanding Talkshow series. And I am so honored to say that we won!! I noticed many of you guys were curious about my makeup look that my amazing makeup artist Rokael created from that evening, so I decided that I would share it with you! This bronzy, smokey, shimmery makeup look of yumminess is perfect to recreate for a date night, a girls night out, or if you just feel like giving yourself an extra makeup boost. From the nude lip, to the smokey eyes, and then to the butterfly lashes, everything about this look was a glossy dream. Keep reading below for all the makeup deets 👇
- Smashbox Foundation Primer: This is a crucial first step to a flawless face. This makeup primer is amazing if you know that you will be taking photos because it will keep your face glowy, but not shiny.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation: This foundation is a new one for me, but I am loving it! It gives my skin the coverage that it needs while still keeping a natural looking face. No cake face's here!
- Beauty Blender: All hail the Beauty Blender! This item is a MUST HAVE in my makeup collection because it never fails to give me the most flawless face. Tip: Wet it with a bit of water first before blending!
- Nars Radiant Concealer: I use this for extra coverage on my under eyes and on any spots on my face that I want to hide. This concealer is creamy and easy to blend.
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder: Most people would agree with me on this one that this setting powder is the BEST compared to all of the other products on the market. Rokael gently brushed this on any areas of my face where I tend to get greasy.
- Nars Bronzing in Laguna: Rokael brushed this bronzer right under my cheek bones and also on the corners of my forehead. I would highly recommend this bronzer for anyone that is looking to create a glowy and dewy face!
- Milani Rose Blush: Rokael wanted to incorporate a blush into this look, but wanted to keep it in the same tones as the bronzer. He used a round brush and gently brushed it in circular motions.
- Becca Shimmering Highlighter in Gold: Heres a tip for you, if you want to achieve a more glowy and bronze look, go with a highlighter with gold undertones rather than silver for that warm mist look on your skin.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: Since my brows are micro bladed, they do not need too much maintenance. This brow wiz is perfect to fill in your brows and define them for a bolder and more dramatic look.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel: Use a bit of this gel to help your brows stay together and not budge for your whole evening.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette: Rokael used this palette to create my whole eye look, so its definitely worth the investment. He went for a smokey blue eye look, and created this perfect blend of colors.
- Kat Von D Ink Liner: This liner DOES NOT SMUDGE and its amazing so BUY this if you like to line your eyes.
- Sephora Collection House Of Lashes: AH, lashes. Mai favorite part of a makeup look. Here is a tip, but the tiniest smudge of lipgloss on the end of your lashes for a glimmer shine.
- Benefit Cosmetics Mascara: Rokael lightly apply this to the lashes for a even more dramatic look.
- Urban Decay Lip Pencil: Since my eye look was bold, Rokael decided to go with a nude and luscious lip. I lined my lips with this liner.
- Marc Jacobs Hi-Shine Lip Gloss: This gloss is the perfect amount of glossy but not sticky! Rokael put this in the middle of my lips and smear outward.
- Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray: To finish off the look Rokael sprayed this rosewater on my face (about 6 inches away), and it keeps my face hydrated and glowy.
You can follow @Rokael on Instagram for more of his signature makeup looks. He's a gem!