Man…I’m pretty excited to launch mai new site. Thank you for visiting. I feel really blessed that for the last 8 years, I’ve spent my career doing exactly what I’ve always dreamed to do – empower women. As host of Style Network’s double Emmy nominated series, How Do I Look, and being a television correspondent to many amazing networks like NBC, FOX, Enews, MTV and now The Real on Fox, I’ve realized that I have a lot in common with the average woman out there: I want to dream, I want to live life with purpose, and I want to look damn good doing it.
That said I started this site to have a place where you and I can get to know each other better. It’s a place where I’ll share inspirational things to me, motivational things I’ll learn, and sometimes just silly things that made me laugh. I love that verse that says “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17) It’s so valuable to me because I do believe we were put on this earth to sharpen one another, and I’m inspired everyday by moments with mai family, fans, and friends.
So, welcome to Mai community! Thanks for not judging me to ever be a great writer or a perfect person, and instead just coming to have fun and do you. Here’s 25 things about me that Google wouldn’t tell you. And hey, if you know me personally, feel free to add to this list about yours truly in the comments below. Till then I hope this site helps you get up, dress up, show up, and never, ever, give up. Let’s strut together sistas.
25 Things About Me Google Wouldn’t Tell You:
- I tell you to “Google” because Wiki’s a liar. They’ve got my birthdate wrong and I do NOT say “so” a lot. I’m way busier saying “when’s lunch?”.
- People who say I’m hard to shop for clearly don’t know where to buy dark chocolate and wine. Leave gifts of flowers in the garden, I don’t want to feel guilty when they die.
- I’m from the Bay and hella proud of it. I invited E40 and Mark Zuckerberg to my wedding and still haven’t heard back.
- I like to celebrate birthdays as much as Kanye likes to celebrate himself daily. You were born dammit, TURN UP.
- My hall pass is Anthony Bourdain. My husband learned of this when it was too late for him to back out.
- As a germaphobe, I’m an expert at using public restrooms with zero skin contact.
- I’ve contemplated getting butt implants….but I hate the idea of doing squats for maintenance.
- I’m obsessed with discovering peoples love languages. Out of the five, mine would be “acts of service”, and the additional 6th I’ve made up: “gifts of food”.
- Jimmy Fallon knows the deepest, darkest, “number 2″ truth about me.
- I’m a professional at finding a great deal. Either that, or I’m just Asian.
- I’ve been gluten free for 8 years, and peanut butter gluten free cookies are mai zuzsh.
- I’m an introvert. I get sick of myself talking so much.
- I listen to country and Christian music when I work, hip hop and EDM when I play.
- Mai mission in life is to celebrate people’s potential. God didn’t waste His time makin’ fools.
- People who are mean make me wish I had more middle fingers.
- I hate being late. But I’m so good at it!
- I have food FOMO. I literally feel offended I wasn’t invited while looking at other strangers’ food pics on Instagram.
- I’m so bummed when attractive people are assholes.
- I’m super spiritual, but anti-religion.
- I’d rather be pursuing my potential than fixing my flaws.
- When I was a teenager I lied about my age to a boy, who then fell in love with me and wanted to take me to Hawaii. So I lied to my parents to take the trip. One fake ID and a near fatal car accident later, my parents spotted me on national news and flew out to drag my lame ass home. I never even saw my first television debut.
- I want to spend my life showing women they don’t have to choose to be sexy, fun, or smart. They can have all three because they are all three.
- I grew up in a family of 15 people in a 4 bedroom home. It was the best experience of my life because I learned an attitude of gratitude will get you everywhere. And that the smell of Vietnamese food is not cute in your hair.
- I’m really happy that all the stupid shit I’ve done took place before the internet.
- Mai positive attitude is indeed infectious and can make you sick.
So, go on and enjoy mai site. Are there topics you want to see me write about? Tell me in the comments or simply leave your love.